Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tug Of War



I am in the midst of a tug of war.  Unfortunately this is not in a literal sense where I could see my opponent face plant into a muddy hole.  No.  This tug of war is in a realm unseen, but surely felt.

I have an important project that needs the left over attention that I have after I have been a wife and a mother of three young children for the day.  So when all is in bed, whether it is late at night or early before everyone rises, I have been dedicated to this project. 

Problem is:  I meet resistance at every angle. This resistance is not the occasional interruption.  This is full fledged 'My rope is slipping out of my hands any second now' resistance.  Oh yeah...it's on. 

I have an enemy of my soul who seeks to kill, steal, and destroy.  A cool break down of our soul is:  mind, will, and emotions.  This enemy of our soul wants to kill my mind with negative thinking, steal my will, my determination, and to destroy my emotions, rendering me helpless and incapable.  This enemy of mine is messin' with the wrong gal.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I am weak at times, very much so.

 But thankfully I know the One who is strong and mighty.  A force to be reckoned with.  My Mighty One strengthens my soul, every piece of it.  God strengthens my mind, sets my will, and calms my emotions. 

No matter who or what is tugging on your rope, tug harder.  The moment I speak God's Word, I gain one more inch of footing bringing my opponent closer to defeat.  It can get real sweaty, it can be exhausting and I can become weak.  But I know that in every 'tug of war' I need to go just one more. 

He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; He offers strength to the weak.  Those who wait on the Lord will find new strength.  They will fly high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:29

1 comment:

  1. So true!! Experiencing similar stuff, and living a life for Christ INTENTIONALLY! Well said, friend!!

    ReplyDelete