Friday, May 4, 2012

Faced with Grace

I honestly want to pull my hair out right now and say words that no Christian gal should say.  I've been working hard exercising my self-discipline on this important project, only for it to be taken away by the world of technology that we have come to love and rely on so dearly.  My new computer snatched a big portion of my work away and I am now left staring at this machine trying my best to understand its complexities.  To no avail. 

My sobbing has stopped.  I am now ready for action.  I realized this is a good time to take a crack at this blogging thing so thankfully God calms me down enough to go through the steps to create this blog.  I swear I tried this the other day and it did not come as easy as it just had.  Thank you God for redirecting me. 

As I am asked to input the title of this blog, my fingers get into position over the keyboard, my mind is blank.  However, my fingers start to move and these words form...faced with grace.  Grace.  A word that soothes my emotions.  I just ran across a good definition of grace.  Funny how God works.  I had not seen this in many months, and yet I stumbled upon it earlier today.

Grace.  Grace is God's power freely given to you, enabling you to do what you cannot do on your own, no matter how long and hard you try.  Grace is always available to you, in every situation, every day of your life.

 No matter how long I work at it or how long I try to fix this problem I just came across, I cannot do it without God's grace.  I have no clue how God is going to fix it but I know He will because  He is the one who called me to start this project in the first place. 

As I said to myself, "I don't know how to do this.  But God, You do know and I trust You." a peace swept over my soul.  I was instantly reminded of Proverbs 3.  It was one of my devotions today from the Bible app.  It says to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take."  Another version says, 'don't try to figure out everything on your own.  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track."

If this doesn't fit my situation, I don't know what will!  I can sit here and choose to be mad and waste my time sulking or I can choose to believe God's word and act on it.  Which choice will bring me the most success?  I am tired of standing and waiting in the "I don't know what to do" line, so I'm going to mosey on over to the "action" line and move forward to my success. 

Maybe God did not want me to work on my project tonight the way I wanted to.  Had I done that, I would not have saved time to create this blog which is something I needed to do.  I have no understanding of why my saved files are lost in this computer with a mind of its own, but it is so now what?  I move to the next thing until I can get the main problem fixed. 

My sweet girl saw me upset and asked in her beautiful four year old voice, "Mommy how can I help you?"  I realized this was a great opportunity to show her how to respond when things go haywire.  I looked at her and told her the problem (in 4 yr old lingo) and said "But God is in control and I trust Him."  Through all the emotions I just felt tonight, I do believe that.  I also believe that this will not be in vain.  My daughter was able to see a healthy response to a problem that is out of my control, only because I choose to seek the will of the One who will show me which path to take. 

"My grace is enough for you[sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect[fulfilled and completed] and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9 Amplified Bible

God, I would be a walking disaster without Your grace.  I gladly receive it.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know how proud of you I am? I absolutely loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treva, your persistance paid off! Welcome to the world of blogging. I am a co-author with you in "Journeys to Mother Love". I read your story in the author proof. It truly touched my heart. That is what I hope will happen when people read my story--and to inspire them to walk through the pain of healing to get to the hope on the other side. Blessings to you on your writing and healing journey. Ardis Nelson

    ReplyDelete